(For some reason, this didn’t post when it was scheduled to, so a couple of the items are out-of-date. Sorry about that.)
A few items of regional (well, varying regions) interest I wanted to note:
- (Portland, OR) The Herbistore is having its grand opening on September 30th. If you’re within a 15 hour drive, I expect you to go there. I, of course, am much further away, but my spirit will be seen floating around issue 12 of the magazine.
- (Loudoun County, VA) A new vegetarian society is forming for the area, which is great because it means that I won’t have to do it (I was kicking the idea around for a while). E-mail vegeats -at- gmaildotcom if you’re interested.
- (Salem, OR) Lighthouse Sanctuary is having their 4th annual Wine and Music at the Farm event on September 30th from 4-7pm. So maybe go there and then drive to Portland?
- (VA, MD, DC) Poplar Spring Sanctuary is having their Ninth Annual Open House and Fundraiser on October 8th from 1-4pm. This is their big event of the year and always has great food, speakers (this year it’s the PCRM’s Jonathan Balcombe, author of Pleasurable Kingdom, which will be reviewed here very shortly), and music. Plus, I’ll be there. Isn’t that incentive enough, really?
- (Woodstock, NY) On October 1st, Woodstock Sanctuary will have an interesting event, a Tibetan Buddhist Blessing of the Animals. Sounds neat.
If this type of stuff interests you, let me know and I’ll do more periodic postings of similar items.