The original recipe is a wonderful basic vegan chocolate pudding. This version has a very, very slight change to it: 1/2 a teaspoon of the vanilla extract is replaced with peppermint extract for a mint flavored chocolate pudding. It’s way good and super easy. (And forgiving… I forgot the pinch of salt when I made this and it still came out great.)
If orange is your thing, use a 1/2 teaspoon of orange extract instead of the peppermint.
- 1 1/2 cups crumbled firm silken tofu
- 2/3 cup cane sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened or Dutch processed cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- pinch of salt
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor until smooth and creamy.
- Refrigerate for an hour or two before serving.
Adapted from Vegan Vittles by Joanne Stepaniak.