This is far from a healthy dish, but it is a nice rich pasta that’s worth treating yourself to periodically. The recipe as printed below serves 4.
This recipe was submitted to, and published at, AllRecipes.com. However, I have modified it here to make it vegan-friendly.
- 8 ounces ditalini pasta
- 2 tablespoons Earth Balance
- 1/2 cup chopped leek
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 oz. silken tofu blended until thick and creamy with 3/8 cup plain soy milk (this replaces a 1/2 cup of heavy cream… the heavy cream replacement came from this recipe)
- 1 cup soy parmesan cheese
- a pinch of black pepper (optional)
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Melt Earth Balance in a large skillet over low heat. Sautée leeks and garlic until tender and translucent.
- Stir in cream, and simmer until thickened. Toss with pasta and parmesan until evenly coated and parmesan is melted. Season with pepper.