This is a little creation born from the lack of store-bought salad dressing in my fridge. It’s a very simple dressing, but I was surprised at the kick it had. The flavor comes from the balsamic vinegar, which blends well with the slightly sweet taste of the seasoned rice vinegar.
The measurements are far from exact, so feel free to adjust as necessary. It will coat 2-3 good size salads.
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- a splash of balsamic vinegar
- a splash of shoyu (or tamari) sauce
- a quick shake of dried basil
- 1 clove pressed garlic
Mix all ingredients thoroughly. Pour just enough on the salad to coat the leaves.